Sunday, 9 February 2014

Week 5: A lot of Stuff and Such

    Hello everyone! Sorry for the silence last (almost two ago) week! The midterm struggle is real. So not much really to talk about this week, other than the assignment 1.

    TOAHModel seems to be presenting a rowdy challenge, but over all i think will end well. My largest complaint about it is how its presented to us ( "us" being the students of CSC148). The way it seems to me the instructions are vague and to not pose much help. From my perspective actually, I would  almost be better of without the instructions Danny gave us. I understand the problem perfectly well (the big cheese not going on the small cheese, representing the stools either as dictionaries or as nested lists), it just seems as though there was a slice of hints, for lack of a better term, missing. I do understand that there needs to be a difficulty increase from the CSC108 assignments, but this just confused me. Either way after probably around 15 hours working on it with my partner, we figured some of it out. Still not done though.

    Anyways, I checked out my friends SLOG and i noticed she writes probably 6 small paragraphs. That seems a little excessive to me, but I guess I'm not a natural born SLOGGER (Contrary to the title of this slog, of course). Don't get me wrong, programming is very interesting to me and I know its going to be imperative to my future, but there are a few other things id rather be doing... like kickboxing, sleeping, and eating to name a few.

Finally, I'll say good bye! until next week! (just wait if I'm still up ill cut my losses and post one in 40 minutes haha)

Love,

SLOGLORD3000


No comments:

Post a Comment